There Is Hope for Your
Special Needs Child
Hope. It's what every parent should have for their children, including their special needs children. Hope for their future. Hope for a good life. But, too often, hope for your special needs child's future is lost when you hear that devastating diagnosis.
We were told by the medical community that there was no hope for our son. If we simply believed what they said and did nothing, they might have been right. But we didn't. We couldn't.
We searched to find places that offered a way forward. We searched, we learned, we worked, and we traveled to wherever we needed to go. We found answers. And we still continue the search.
Welcome to Special-Needs-Hope.com. We are here to try to give hope and support to parents of special needs children. Regardless of the diagnosis and prognosis you received from the medical community for your child, we want you to know that there is hope.
You can help your child to get better.
Perhaps you have been told there is no hope for your child to get better. Or, perhaps you have been working hard with traditional therapies for your child and you're not seeing any improvement. Maybe even your child is getting worse. Are you feeling hopeless?
Our desire is to give you some of the invaluable information and advice obtained from our journey from despair to hope over the past six years. We have spent a lot of time, effort, and money working to make our son well. We have made tremendous progress, and we still have a long way to go. But we have learned a lot along the way.
Parents of special needs children can easily become overwhelmed. Whether your child has been diagnosed with down syndrome, autism, cerebral palsy, microcephaly, brain damaged, or brain injured, I think the information you find here will be relevant to your situation.
Throughout this site, you will find much of the information that we have found. You will also find some advice and recommendations. Do we have all the answers? Of course not. But I'm not sure that anyone does. But, we do have some insights. Hopefully, you can learn from some of our mistakes and successes.
This site is fairly new. It may not be too large yet, but we will continue to update and grow this site with more and more information and advice.
If you are interested in what we have to say to families with special needs children and would like to know when new information has been added to our site, please subscribe to our monthly newsletter, Finding Hope. This monthly email newsletter, or e-zine, is free. To subscribe, please click on the Subscribe to FH link on the top left of this page and then enter your email address.
One final but important note: The information presented here comes from our experience with our severely disabled son. We are not representing ourselves to be medical professionals providing diagnosis or treatment advice to your family about your child. You must decide with your medical support team what is best for your child. We are simply parents of a severely brain injured little boy who, when given no hope through the traditional medical approach, looked elsewhere to find ways to make our son better.
Our desire is that you will find hope for your special child's future.
- Finding Hope While Parenting Special Need Children
- The e-zine, <i>Finding Hope</i>, offers information, support, and hope for parenting special need children.
- Your Special Need Child Diagnosis - What Does It Mean?
- Receiving a diagnosis for your special need child can be devastating. Helpful information and insights into the meaning of these medical terms will help you find hope for your child.
- The Cause of Brain Damage in Your Child. What Could It Have Been?
- Finding the cause of brain damage in your child is important. Learning how to treat the brain injury itself to make your child better is more important.
- Child Brain Injury Symptoms - Understanding What They Are
- Brain injury symptoms vary widely in special needs children. Whether your child has cerebral palsy, down syndrome, or autism, you must treat the brain injury itself, not the symptoms.
- As a Parent of a Special Needs Child, What Will Your Child's Future Be?
- Every parent of a special needs child wants the best for their child. The initial prognosis of your child's disability may be grim, but there is hope.
- Child Brain Injury Recovery - Is Treatment Possible? What Therapy Can Help?
- Child brain injury is devastating. This family has found therapies that can help with brain injury recovery. Their severely brain injured child with cerebral palsy is getting better. So can yours.
- This Cerebral Palsy Guide Can Help You Understand Your Child's Diagnosis
- This 'one-stop' cerebral palsy guide can quickly and easily give you the info on cerebral palsy that you are searching for, so you can focus on helping your cerebral palsy child get better.